Friday, March 1, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Ordinary

Joining up with Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday. She says, ” why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing. So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes. Your words. This shared feast.”

ORDINARY

Here goes: God calls ordinary people to do extraordinary things.  He is the God of ordinary to extraorindary.  If we trust Him.  Do we leave enough room in our lives for Him to talk, to transform, to lead our children?  Do we have quiet time that allows us to reflect and listen to His voice. I find that when I simplify my life, make it more ordinary, then He, in His wisdom transforms the ho hum to extraordinary. 
Just last week my son and I were sharing a story about his friend that walks through the school's carpool line without looking for my car.  My son and I were laughing about it, then, out of the mouth of babes he says the following: Mom, my friend not looking for your car is like us not looking for God, even though He is there and waiting for us we do not look for him in our lives and He continues to sit and wait and then He even has to track us down sometimes.
Ordinary to extraordinary.  What a blessing God gave me in that moment.  He desires a relationship with us but we need to take the moments and hours to develop that relationship so we can be in tune with Him.  As we prepare for the ordinary, He creates the extraordinary.  I am excited to see what He does with my ordinary day of carpools, projects, and as much quiet time as I can get.  STOP

3 comments:

  1. What wise words from your son! I love when God teaches us things or shows us more of Him through our children, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather! He tends to be a wise one and I love when God uses our kids to make wise the simple :)

    ReplyDelete